We’re taking a look at the remaining twenty male and twenty female athletes at the 2019 CrossFit Games. Last night, Dave Castro announced the workout: a sprint around the Alliant Energy Center’s North Park field.
Looking at past events:
- 2017 O-Course Sprint, won by Patrick Vellner.
- 2016 Ranch Mini Chipper, won by Annie Thorisdottir, followed by Brooke Wells on the women’s side, and Mat Fraser in second on the men’s side. This event finished with a hill sprint in Aromas, California carrying a med ball.
- 2016 Suicide Sprint, won by Tia-Clair Toomey and Mat Fraser taking second on the men’s side.
- 2015 Sprint Course 1 was won by Scott Panchik, with Thuri Helgadottir placing second on the women’s side.
- 2015 Sprint Course 2 had Kristin Holte finish in second.
As a result, it’s hard to tell who will win the event, but it’s safe to say the following athletes will probably survive today’s cut to ten:
- Tia-Clair Toomey (1st)
- Mat Fraser (2nd)
- Kristin Holte (3rd)
- Scott Panchik (4th)
- Brooke Wells (7th)
- Annie Thorisdottir (10th)
- Patrick Vellner (10th)
- Thuri Helgadottir (12th)